CBD - How it's Made
how we get from plant to bottle
1. PLANT TRIM BY CUSTOMER Use your valuable trim to CO2 extract some great oil and distillate. Dry and ground trim from cannabis or hemp make great feedstock for CO2 extraction. Use plant TESTED to assure pesticide and heavy metal free.
2. EXTRACTION Ethanol and CO2 extraction equipment produces the base oil concentrate you need. With a 2.5Liter CO2 supercritical extraction system you can be C02 extracting in short order.
3. WINTERIZATION Winterizing the extracted CO2 oil prepares the solution for removing any water, and filtering the waxes, fats, and lipids. Winterizing steps do include mixing and blending often done with jacketed reactors or mag drive stirrers.
4. FILTRATION After proper winterization we filter out the fats, waxes, and lipids. There are a few options for filtering and various size micron filters that can be implemented.
5. DECARBOXYLATION (not for vape oils) For edibles, tinctures, capsules, balms, and lotions it is important to decarboxylate the oil (or you can decarb the plant material prior to CO2 Extraction) to active the THC and CBD.
6. DISTILLATION - ROTARY EVAPORATOR Rotovaps (rotary evaporators) are used to distill off the ethanol and water, leaving the pure oil ready for end product. This final oil can be used directly into vape cartridges for vaping. Rotary evaporators come in 2-50liters, and either manual or automated units available.
7. FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION AND CHROMOTOGRAPHY FOR SEPARATIONS There are a variety of fraction distillation technologies available for making pure oil distillates like short path distillation and wiped film distilling. Chromotography is used for separation of specific cannabanoids. There are now proven lab, pilot scale and production chromatography systems used for separation of cannabinoid very effectively. This allows you to isolate specific molecules such as CBD, CBN, CBG, CBC, CBDV, Delta 8, etc.
8. FILLING EQUIPMENT, FINAL PACKAGING AND BRAND MARKETING Manual and complete automated filling systems for tincture bottles. Private label containers and packaging child resistant and created to help you market your brand effectively.
Copyright © 2016 CBD Thera. All Rights Reserved.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product.